Author Topic: close all programs?  (Read 3725 times)

daysi04

close all programs?
« on: March 02, 2007, 12:43:14 PM »
Im getting ready to run windows advance care on my pc. It is in the set up phase and recommends i close all programs. Does this include avast and a-squared.

mauserme

Re: close all programs?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 01:25:18 PM »
Let A-Squared finish its scan, put the problem items in quatantine, then close the program.

Since you're having to deal with a lot of problems at the moment you could pause the avast! Stanard Shield provider while running Windows Advanced Care, but remove your computer from any internet access first.

I also posted a link to a program called CleanUp in your main thread.

daysi04

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »
thanks for the link. I tried to use the windows asvanced care and it looks like a good program, but when i was in the security defense part i could not tell if i was protecting the infections or deleting them. It pulled up all infections listed on my pc but was unclear about what would happen if i selected them. It made me turn system restore on before i scanned and good thing cause it messed up. If i can get proper info on how to use i want to use it. Their forum was closed and help file said nothing helpful.

mauserme

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 04:44:42 PM »
I can't help you with that since I've never used it.  Others on the forum use it and seem to think favorably of it so maybe one of them will jump in.

But lets keep all your posts on these current problems in your original thread

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=26912.0

Its really hard for us to help if the bits and pieces are scattered all over the forum.  :)

daysi04

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 05:22:01 PM »
ok sorry about threads. Ill stay in viruses The only thing i have on this pc i dont want to lose are my digital pics. I cant print them out. That being said this pc is so full of junk. If I have it wiped out and windows xp reloaded will viruses go away. I have no help from hubby on this and 3 kids the youngest being 8 months old. Everything i try to do I screw up somehow and will cause more damage in the end. So if anyone can please tell me if wiping out and starting over will fix please do. Life has been onhold for 5 days, I could have printed my pis 2 times buy now. Thnks for the help sorry im not to good at this. Please post replys to me in virus thread. Im letting this one go

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 06:42:43 PM »
Im getting ready to run windows advance care on my pc.
You don't *heve to* close any of these two programs to install WAC.
Do you need any further help?
The best things in life are free.

daysi04

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 07:54:12 PM »
Yes to help. Could you please read my post in the Viruses and Worms catagory. Im trying hard to keep on one thread, one catagory. Thanks