Author Topic: Can you add a timer in the next Avast version???  (Read 3333 times)

Offline cheater87

Can you add a timer in the next Avast version???
« on: March 21, 2007, 08:41:25 PM »
Most anti spyware/anti virus programs have a timer telling you how long its been scanning for while its scanning. Can you have this in the next version?
I have Opera, WOT, K9 Web Protection, Avast Free web shield and Behavior blocker only, Comodo Internet Security 10, and common sense. ^_^

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Can you add a timer in the next Avast version???
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 03:42:45 AM »
Yeah, could be useful...
Maybe you should post here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=12640.0
The best things in life are free.

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 04:26:07 AM »
I find it easier to to run the scan on Friday evening ... go away and make dinner ... relax over dinner, have a glass of wine and come back and find it done.   

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 05:35:40 AM »
If you are talking about a timer during a scan session, it is in the pro version.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 01:42:15 PM »
Most anti spyware/anti virus programs have a timer telling you how long its been scanning for while its scanning. Can you have this in the next version?

Personally I feel this would be of limited benefit as it just shows elapsed time and not how much longer to go, which it can't accurately estimate. I perform the same scan once a week (Sundays) and because I know how long this has taken in the past (duration is displayed at the end of he scan), I start it off, check my and go and do something else like Alan and come back to find finished.

However, if you change your scans the timer would be even less of use. I have Ewido and AdAware, they have timers, but I don't sit there watching them as I know roughly how long the scan takes, I check my watch and come back later when they will have finnished.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 02:30:24 PM »
If you are talking about a timer during a scan session, it is in the pro version.
You're right... I've forgot to see Tasks (Session running) in the Pro version...
The best things in life are free.