Author Topic: aVast pro and Azureus  (Read 3440 times)

blue_saint

aVast pro and Azureus
« on: April 26, 2007, 09:13:25 PM »
does aVast pro scan my Azureus while im downloading? It does with my Limewire but im worried it's not working with Azureus Vuze. I checked the advanced setting on the P2P scanner and the list doesn't show any "Azureus" although the script blocker scans the content interface of Azureus Vuze. Im just concerned if it does scan Azureus while downloading or does it scan while the file is being written on the HD.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: aVast pro and Azureus
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 03:12:21 AM »
Azureus is not shown into the supported P2P programs.
The Script Blocker scans all scripts that is being run in your computer regardless the origin of it.
If Azureus allows a post-download scanner, use C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashQuick.exe
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 03:10:00 PM »
Whilst avast doesn't directly scan the p2p transfer, is there a setting in azureus to have an AV scan the downloaded file ?

If so you can have avast scan it when it is finished downloading. Assuming that you installed avast! in the default folder, this is the path needed to scan downloads, C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashQuick.exe.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

enviouz

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 02:17:21 PM »
correct me if im wrong but i believe the standard shield will scan the downloaded files automatically anyways. as i believe it scans all opened created and modified files. but as ive said i may be slightly wrong.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 03:00:06 PM »
No not all files will be scanned on the default settings, 'Normal' only those considered dangerous, .exe, .com, .dll, generally files that can be executed, archive files whilst they may contain malware, until they are unzipped and the malware extracted at which point it is a newly created file that would be scanned (under the same general rule).

This is all subject to 'your' personal settings. Check out the Standard Shield, Customise and look at the various Tabs, basic, Advanced, etc. and you will see that avast can be very flexible and configurable.

The other resident providers work in a slightly different way as for the most part they are trying to prevent malware getting on the system. Because of the way that P2P applications work with multiple different parts that avast (supports) doesn't wait and scans the partial pieces of the file as they are saved before being cobbled together into the complete file.

You should also check out the avast Help file, Resident Protection, Standard Shield Provider for more detailed information.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

enviouz

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 03:28:01 PM »
No not all files will be scanned on the default settings, 'Normal' only those considered dangerous, .exe, .com, .dll, generally files that can be executed, archive files whilst they may contain malware, until they are unzipped and the malware extracted at which point it is a newly created file that would be scanned (under the same general rule).

This is all subject to 'your' personal settings. Check out the Standard Shield, Customise and look at the various Tabs, basic, Advanced, etc. and you will see that avast can be very flexible and configurable.

The other resident providers work in a slightly different way as for the most part they are trying to prevent malware getting on the system. Because of the way that P2P applications work with multiple different parts that avast (supports) doesn't wait and scans the partial pieces of the file as they are saved before being cobbled together into the complete file.

You should also check out the avast Help file, Resident Protection, Standard Shield Provider for more detailed information.

my appoligies. i mistakenly forgot that i added zip and rar extensions to the additional scanned file types (to be on the safe side). as i dont use the p2p shield due to the fact that it sometimes causes problems with utorrent. and to the original poster "az" does have an option to use an external av scanner. im not exactly sure where it is in the options though as i havent used that prog in a long time. you have to switch to the advanced options interface though to get to it if im not mistaken.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 03:45:34 PM »
Assuming that you installed avast! in the default folder, this is the path needed to scan downloads, C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashQuick.exe