Author Topic: online scan  (Read 3322 times)

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
online scan
« on: May 23, 2007, 04:26:27 AM »
on my sons pc i went to kaspersky,trend micro and bit defender online scans but none of them will launch,the information bar pops up and says installation of active x is prohibited on the system,where do i change this at?thanks bri

win xp pro sp2

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: online scan
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 04:39:56 AM »
Are you logged as an Administrator?
If so, check your browser security settings to allow Active-X to be installed, at least for these on-line scanners. You can disable after if you want/need.
Why isn't this computer running a full antivirus (resident)?
The best things in life are free.

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 05:14:30 AM »
it is runnin as adm.

avast home is runnin but every so often i like to check with a online scanner for everything viruses,spyware,etc.
where do i go to change the option on active x i tried using ff and ie?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 05:24:37 AM »
To use Firefox, that on line scanners should use a proper add-on (or extension) or something like that. You must check their website.
For IE, Tools > Internet Options > Security > choose Internet zone > Customize > browse for active-x items (near to the end of the list) > enable for SAFE and SIGNED ones only.

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 05:37:16 AM »
thanks tech had to enable for prompt,alls workin

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 05:39:22 AM »
thanks tech had to enable for prompt,alls workin
You're always welcome bri...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 03:15:31 PM »
on my sons pc i went to kaspersky,trend micro and bit defender online scans but none of them will launch,the information bar pops up and says installation of active x is prohibited on the system,where do i change this at?
Firefox doesn't have activeX, thank god so it won't work on any on-line scanner that uses/requires activeX. If you/they use firefox with JAVA installed and enabled you can use TrendMicro as it also has a JAVA function rather than using activeX.

On-line Virus Scanners and other useful Links Security-Ops.eu.tt, this shows if a scan requires activeX.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 04:10:17 PM »
To use Firefox, that on line scanners should use a proper add-on (or extension) or something like that. You must check their website.
Bri, I was wrong and David correct. You should use Java version while using Firefox.