Author Topic: curiou for an answer  (Read 2552 times)

miceuud

curiou for an answer
« on: July 20, 2007, 08:45:34 AM »
 i ve got a problem here,my system is infected with a worm that converts *.doc to *.scr tried using home edition of avast but to no aval what edition can i use or do i need any 3rd pary utilty software?

also i have a system infeted with worm it displays KATAMUTIARA at the strtup boot screen and after logging on its boots up c:\windows on its own and dissables run,affect *.exe file

appreciate if you reply me soonest

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: curiou for an answer
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 02:12:13 PM »
It will be good if you download, install, update and run AVG Antispyware. Some users recommend SUPERantispyware, Spyware Terminator and/or a-squared (take care about false positives).
If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete than.

If you still detecting any strange behavior or even you're sure you're not clean, maybe it will be good to test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest AVG, Panda and/or F-Secure BlackLight.

Also, if you still detecting strange behaviors or you want to be sure you're clean, maybe making a HijackThis log to post here and, specially, scan and submit to on-line analysis the RunScanner log would help to identify the problem and the solution.
The best things in life are free.