Author Topic: help  (Read 4249 times)

soccer

help
« on: July 07, 2007, 01:06:14 PM »
help me my avast find a suspicous message each few seconds and it says too many identical messeges from something...  i deny it and it does nothing what should i don  ???

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 01:48:34 PM »
Sounds like you have a mailbot, first do a boot time scan and then

* Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 01:51:47 PM »
After following Essexboy and you're clean, you can change the Heuristic settings of the Mail scanner to identical messages.
Open Internet Mail provider settings and see the two Heuristic tab of settings.

Also, it will be good if you download, install, update and run AVG Antispyware. Some users recommend SUPERantispyware, Spyware Terminator and/or a-squared (take care about false positives).
If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete than.
The best things in life are free.

soccer

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 08:45:36 AM »
i dont know what happend after i download the HJTsetup.exe i disconnet from internet and i can connect again ???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 03:04:07 PM »
Did you run HJTsetup.exe or 'fix' any items ?

Nothing should happen just by downloading the file it would have to be run and you would have to choose to 'fix' something. HJT is an analysis tool and not like an AV, etc. it doesn't detect and resolve problems, it just displays information that need interpreting.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 04:53:53 PM »
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Did you follow essexboy's suggestions?
The best things in life are free.

soccer

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 08:56:37 AM »
i think i make mistake. the proplem now is how i fix it .

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 02:44:25 PM »
What mistake did you make ?

If you are talking about you 'fixed' something using HJT that you shouldn't have then you can reverse the 'fix.' 1
Run HJT again.
2. on the right of the screen is a button, 'Config...' click that and click the Backups.
3. You will now see a list of items you 'fixed' with the tick boxes to the left, if you know what the problem was you can tick the item and click the Restore button on the right of the window.

But, we really need more information, so don't got jumping too soon.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security