Author Topic: VBS: Loveletter found in old MySpace e-mail.  (Read 3650 times)

Z. Daniel Phoenix

VBS: Loveletter found in old MySpace e-mail.
« on: July 08, 2007, 04:24:33 AM »
The avast! Log Viewer shows this:  7/7/2007 8:28:02 PM   SYSTEM   1884   Sign of "VBS:LoveLetter" has been found in  (Add http:// to the quoted. I removed to prevent accidental clicking) "delb.opt.fimserve.com/adopt/?l=14000013&pos=leaderboard&r=h&rnd=466661531" file. 

Avast! gave the the code red alarm noise as I was sifting through old e-mails today, and I saw the above.

I chose the "stop connection" (It was phrased something like that) button, and started running a scan of my PC.

Webshield states 1 infected File Count, and it's exactly the above link.

Now I didn't click on the image itself, only the e-mail the image was linked in.

Is my computer infected?

I have close to 600 GB of files on my PC, so Avast! will more than likely take all night (and into the day) to scan.

Found My Answer:

Q: avast! states it has found a virus, but it only offers me the choice of: "Abort connection". Why can't I delete this virus?

A: You can't delete this virus as it's not actually on your computer. It is in fact somewhere on the net and was detected by one of the avast! resident providers - Web Shield. This provider scans all files that are downloaded via the Internet (HTTP protocol) before they're saved onto your local disk. The only action that can be taken is to abort the connection and not allow the virus to download.

Sorry for the post. Pardon whilst I feel sheepish.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 04:51:24 AM by Z. Daniel Phoenix »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: VBS: Loveletter found in old MySpace e-mail.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 02:54:31 PM »
It won't hurt and you have learnt a bit more about avast, it may also help others should they use the forum search function.

Welcome to the forums.

Stick around and browse the forums, especially the sticky topics at the top of each of the forums, not to mention the avast help file. They provide a wealth of information to help you get the best from avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: VBS: Loveletter found in old MySpace e-mail.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 03:25:23 PM »
Sorry for the post. Pardon whilst I feel sheepish.
No need to be sorry. Welcome to avast forums.
The best things in life are free.