Author Topic: Avoiding "Registry change allowed" messages  (Read 5321 times)

Raygk

Avoiding "Registry change allowed" messages
« on: August 29, 2007, 09:02:34 AM »
I had to reinstall windows XP sp2 and so reinstalled Avast! 4.7 Home Edition also.  I have all shields enabled and the resident running.  Now I get many "Registry change allowed" messages.  I am sure I was able to disable these messages previously but I don't remember how I did it.  I can't find program setting to do this and have disabled most confirmation messages including ones related to showing status.  Would someone please provide instructions to disable these messages?

Thanks,
Ray

Offline Maxx_original

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: Avoiding "Registry change allowed" messages
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 09:32:09 AM »
do you mean the "Registry change allowed" message from SpyBot SD?

mojako_2you

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 09:36:52 AM »
whats up.....
do you mean by the avast blocker on the resident shield?????
If that just reselect in the blocked operations.... ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 03:15:49 PM »
I responded to your original topic 19 minutes after you posted it about this identical question and I also asked additional information. http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=30164.0.

Posting duplicate questions on the same question just duplicates effort for those trying to help.

We ask questions so we can better help you, without answers we are in the dark and guessing.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.862) UI 1.0.814/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Raygk

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 07:54:31 PM »
do you mean the "Registry change allowed" message from SpyBot SD?

No, I mean from Avast!.  At least I assume this is from Avast!  I do not have spybot sd on when this occurs.

I responded to your original topic 19 minutes after you posted it about this identical question and I also asked additional information. http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=30164.0.
Posting duplicate questions on the same question just duplicates effort for those trying to help.
We ask questions so we can better help you, without answers we are in the dark and guessing.

I could not find my original message on the forum so I assumed it did not get posted and I did not receive any replies (with "Notify me of replies" selected) - sorry.  I attached an image now.

whats up.....
do you mean by the avast blocker on the resident shield?Huh?
If that just reselect in the blocked operations....

Yes, I mean the resident blocker.  I only want to avoid seeing the "accepted" messages.  I am using the default conditions (default extensions and no checks in the "blocked operations").  The only other secuity in effect is the automatic windows security and a router.  In resident task settings - advanced - I have "show detailed settings of standard shield" unchecked and "silent mode - with general answer Yes [ok]" checked.

Thanks for your responses.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 08:29:33 PM »
If you truly have avast on default settings (see image) for blocked operations then you shouldn't be seeing anything.

So I still have doubts that this is an avast notification.

I did a little test and it doesn't look like the avast blocker, see image 2.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.862) UI 1.0.814/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Raygk

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 08:56:26 PM »
I haven't seen anything blocked for a while so can't verify your image although I have seen some in the past.  Yes, I have the default settings for the blocked operations.

Funny thing - I reset everything in the resident area including terminating and re-starting the standard shield (did this once before too).  Since the recent reset, I have not seen any "allowed" messages (or any other)!  Maybe it fixed itself (?).  I see lots of churning (the "a" ball rotating) but so far no messages.  Guess I'll have to give it some time and see if the problem remains gone.

Thanks for your help.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 10:03:55 PM »
Your welcome.

The rotation of the avast icon indicates that it is scanning files that are being accessed.

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 11:02:36 PM »
The image posted by Raygk is not from avast at all but is definitely from the "TeaTimer" or Resident portion of SpyBot S&D as mentioned by an earlier poster. 

Jem

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 12:47:36 AM »
The image posted by Raygk is not from avast at all but is definitely from the "TeaTimer" or Resident portion of SpyBot S&D as mentioned by an earlier poster. 

It is indeed...

mojako_2you

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 03:41:13 PM »
The image from what u show is not an avast program....
you should check another program that are running in your computer using this program...
what can you do is downloading Tune-Up 2007
Then when the program (the image) run just run tuneup 2007 and open administer control, tune up process manager....
From there u can identify what program are running the program that you show....
Gud luck... :P