Author Topic: Update cause slow loading of LAN and WIREESS during startup..  (Read 3416 times)

mojako_2you

Update cause slow loading of LAN and WIREESS during startup..
« on: November 01, 2007, 03:27:01 PM »
i have post many times to tell about this problem but until the new program the problem still happen...
the problem is during the startup after we login the LAN and WIRELESS icon at the icon tray loading slowly...
it took aout 5-10minutes to wait the LAN and WIREless to be load...
This problem seem happen after some avast virus database update...
to solve this i just uninstall the driver on the device manager restart and the slow loading after login will be solved...
but this will come back after update....

this problem happen to all my friends laptops in my college running avast....

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Update cause slow loading of LAN and WIREESS during startup..
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 07:20:43 PM »
I have a notebook connected at LAN and Wireless. Running Vista.
I can't see this delay.
Which other program are running (firewall, security ones, etc.)?
The best things in life are free.

mojako_2you

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 07:03:10 AM »
I think the problem is currently with the condition of wireless network at my place...
My another friends do not have this problems at their place...
at my place they are to many ad hoc network...
so maybe during the login the laptops want to connect the internet to update the antivirus that making it slow loading during the logon...

do you think this problem come from this?????

I think, it come from this problem...

any idea...?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 12:36:47 PM »
maybe during the login the laptops want to connect the internet to update the antivirus that making it slow loading during the logon...
Just change (or add) AlwaysConnectedWaitSeconds value into the [InetWD] section of avast4.ini file.
You could set the number of seconds to wait before attempting to update. The default is 30 but it may not be enough in some DSL systems. In this case, you can try increasing this e.g. to 60 (1 minute). That should be enough.
More details here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1647

Alan's experience: This is especially true during Windows update week.  Windows automatic updates seem to hog resources even to just determine that updates do exist but you are just not allowed to download them yet (to prevent overload of Microsoft's servers).  So this is happening at every startup during the Windows update period until you have been permitted to download the updates.  Although I do not have "smoking gun" logs to prove it (a bit hard to get on an overloaded system at startup) I am reasonably certain that the Windows automatic update process, at this time, can prevent the avast automatic VPS update from getting timely access to it servers and causing avast to report an automatic update error - especially on older, less powerful systems.    This past week was Windows update week, some folks this week waited 4 or 5 days before being permitted to download the Windows updates through the automatic update process.

mojako_2you

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 09:32:47 AM »
I should try it....tq... for your help..

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 11:56:19 AM »
I should try it....tq... for your help..
You're welcome. Please, come back and post any feedback. It helps the others and help us on helping.