Author Topic: Subsari Trojan found  (Read 7278 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Subsari Trojan found
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 03:09:46 AM »
1. True - I did NOT password protect - I did not understand that it was necessary.
2. Disabling the scanner seemed logical (at the time) as I understood that avast looked inside zipped files.
3. As 31 out of 32 scanners did NOT have an issue with the file, I figured it had a reasonable chance of getting through.

When sending virus/suspect samples it is advisable to protect them.
The logic is fine to get it out but it may not get through to avast.

That is only the scanners on VirusTotal there are others, which could be being used on email servers, so the possibility is still there and it is best to use a password protected zip.

4. Related to 3 above - avast is expecting real viruses to be sent to this address, so surely they are going to let it through.

It isn't the email servers at avast that we are concerned with, but the servers on the route, it may be passed through other servers.

5. If the avast program (Chest) more easily allowed a quarantined file to be emailed directly, this would not be such a convoluted process.

The process isn't generally a problem and you can as I suggested increase the default sizes relating to the chest (as I mentioned in my first reply to your post), if a file is too large to send.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security