Author Topic: Trojan... Please help!  (Read 2125 times)

lexi13

Trojan... Please help!
« on: November 16, 2007, 09:32:02 AM »
I was just on the internet when Avast caught a trojan. Avast recommended to put it in the chest, so I did. It's in there now, but what do I do next? The filename is vMjfTDb1.exe and description is Win32:Trojan-gen {Other}
Please help me, I'm really worried! :( Thanks in advance ;)

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
Re: Trojan... Please help!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 09:56:32 AM »
Hi lexi13,

The usual option when avast! intercepts malware on a web page is 'abort connection'. (This is done by Webshield.) The 'Move to Chest option' may mean it's something that was already on your computer.

Try a boot time scan with avast! Right click the scanner screen, select 'schedule a boot time scan' and reboot when requested.

Run the usual free adware/spyware scanners.

AVG Anti-Spyware Free (Requires Win2k/XP)
Spybot Search & Destroy
SUPERAntiSpyware Free

Download, install and update the programs. Disconnect from the internet (pull the plug) before running scans in Safe Mode if possible.

Always select the option to quarantine any malware found rather than delete it, then you will be able to restore files or registry entries wrongly identified as malware- a rare but not unknown event for any malware scanner.

When you have finished, scan for out-of-date and insecure software using Secunia Software Inspector and update any vulnerable software: this will help to prevent future infections.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog