Author Topic: Reinstall Windows with Avast PRO registred  (Read 2556 times)

Ramodolo

Reinstall Windows with Avast PRO registred
« on: November 23, 2007, 03:24:56 AM »
Hi,

I had bought 6 licenses of Avast Pro for 3 year that are actually running.

If I need to reinstall Windows in a machine or if I buy I new computer (not using the the old one anymore), what should I do to not lose the right to use the same registration key?

I just have to install avast pro in the new installation of Windows, or in the new machine, and enter my registration key? If I do this, Avast will not think that I'm using the key in two different computers? ???

Thanks.... ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Reinstall Windows with Avast PRO registred
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 03:34:10 AM »
As far as I'm aware this is OK, though I'm only an avast user and not a representative of Alwil software.

Provided that license number is used on only one system then as far as I'm aware it is OK, if you have to Reinstall windows (or replace that system with a new one) just do it and use the same license key as before. Just ensure that you keep a copy of your keys securely and only use each key on only one system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Reinstall Windows with Avast PRO registred
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 03:33:44 PM »
You can use the same key in the new computer if you uninstall the old installation or format the disk. It's ok, avast won't consider you're using the same key in two different computers.
The best things in life are free.