Author Topic: Complete network failure on uninstall  (Read 3333 times)

Offline Graham74

Complete network failure on uninstall
« on: October 12, 2022, 11:05:02 AM »
Twice I've experienced a complete failure of the Avast Anti-Virus, the program option is try restarting: it fails to restart, I've tried to fix the problem by using the repair options of the uninstall routine, but nothing works leaving me with only one option: an uninstall.
On uninstall it leaves me without a network, so I cannot use the computer for anything but local decoration, I cannot access either my LAN or my WAN using either my cable connection or my WiFi connection.
I downloaded the offline installer the second time this happened (in preparation) but I couldn't make use of that as the uninstall program (both windows and the safe mode uninstall from Avast) had made it impossible to access the network or allow me to start the Base Filtering Service Engine, so I am totally screwed.
Luckily I have the opportunity to move backwards in time and reinstall a 3 day old version of windows from one of my incremental backups, but this failed once for me past, the last time it failed so I was left with only a complete Windows 11 reinstall!
Summation:
1. Avast service fails to start
2. Uninstall on a double nat system is not possible
3. Sad and angry customer paying to watch the paint dry not knowing the changes the Avast uninstall program makes to the system.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Complete network failure on uninstall
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 02:54:36 PM »
Hi,

Can you please provide a support file ID? https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/33/#pc

Offline Graham74

Re: Complete network failure on uninstall
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 08:04:49 AM »
Avast Customer Care - 16915359