Author Topic: avast! application error  (Read 3848 times)

tomaceli

avast! application error
« on: December 28, 2007, 11:22:48 AM »
Hi :D

Sometimes, I have an application error with avast! which appears on the WinXP logon screen on my notebook computer (no issue on the desk):

Once logged in, avast! setup encounters an issue and it proposes me to send the error report:

I have this issue at least since v4.7.1029 of avast! antivirus (use 4.7.1098 at the moment).

Do you think it is avast! or WinXP (SP2 + all updates, French language) related?

Attached are the error report + mini dump (please rename avast.setup.mdmp.txt in avast.setup.mdmp as we can't upload .mdmp on the forum).
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 11:36:13 AM by tomaceli »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: avast! application error
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 12:44:10 PM »
You can send the minidumps to vlk (at) avast (dot) com for analysis.
As a workaround, maybe it works to delay the update of avast into a permanent internet connection (DSL) you can change the value AlwaysConnectedWaitSeconds into avast4.ini file. Change (or add) AlwaysConnectedWaitSeconds value into the [InetWD] section of avast4.ini file. You could set the number of seconds to wait before attempting to update. The default is 30 but it may not be enough in some DSL systems. In this case, you can try increasing this e.g. to 60 (1 minute). That should be enough.
More details here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1647
The best things in life are free.