Author Topic: Unable to scan-Vista  (Read 2210 times)

stenli

Unable to scan-Vista
« on: December 29, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »
Hi ther.I instalt a week ago avast on my vista laptop.I ran a full scan of local drives and after 20mins of running it come up 'unable to scan'.I know that some files cannot be scanned,but in my case all of the files showed 'unable to scan'.I uninstalled and dawnloaded avast again,the same thing happend!ps.i' n a novice,so please as simple as possible,thanks!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Unable to scan-Vista
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 10:59:52 PM »
By examining 1) the reason given by avast! for not being able to scan the files, 2) the location of the files, you can get an idea of what program they relate to. You may need to expand the column headings to see all the text.

Files that can't be scanned are just that, not an indication they are suspicious/infected, just unable to be scanned.
The best things in life are free.

stenli

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 04:03:30 PM »
Hi again.I send you a picture to see what is.i thing that there i some kind of problem(all dow).With regards.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 06:33:46 PM »
Vista uses circular links to %Program Files% and %Users% folders.
Avast is just reporting it. You can uncheck the options for reporting soft and hard errors on the avast settings.
It was a problem, already solved (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=27330.msg223192#msg223192). Now, the only thing that rests is the reporting.
The best things in life are free.