Author Topic: avast one  (Read 1605 times)

Offline dov7

avast one
« on: August 06, 2023, 05:03:09 PM »
I have avast software and I want to install and test avast one on one computer. I will have a conflict with avast premium antivirus.
How can you install avast one without the antivirus included in it?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: avast one
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2023, 06:04:18 PM »
I have avast software and I want to install and test avast one on one computer. I will have a conflict with avast premium antivirus.

How can you install avast one without the antivirus included in it?

It is a general rule/advice not to install two AVs on the same system as it can cause conflict. Two dogs fighting over one bone.

1.  Yes you would have a conflict if you try to install Avast One on a system with Avast Premium antivirus installed.
Even if you were able to stop the AV element, you could hardly test the other elements in isolation as there could be low level driver conflict issues.
The other shields are also likely to be using elements of the AV for checking, File System Shield for sure and other components probably.

2.  Short answer - it would have to be installed on a different system.

I don't use Avast One so I can't speak from personal experience.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security