Author Topic: How to I get a refund?  (Read 889 times)

Offline riccardo_fecchio

How to I get a refund?
« on: December 17, 2023, 11:29:43 AM »
Hi, my annual subscription renewed more than 1 month in advance, and I was not even aware of being a paying user!

I'm trying to get a refund but neither the chat nor the phone number work (chat says "no connection" while the phone number does not ring). How can I get in touch with Avast?!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How to I get a refund?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 01:19:18 PM »
What Avast program version were you using ?

First, I'm an Avast user and not an Avast Team member.
If you try a paid version of avast you normally have to set up a payment mandate.
How else would they get your payment details to initiate the charge.

- Refunds, cancellations, billing, payment or license issues and click Next.
I need help with a different subscription or billing issue.

Depending on your location you can Phone or Email - I think the email option may be best (given the problem with communication you mentioned) as it establishes a support ticket with your email.  Give as much information that you can to help track down your payment and reissue the license if it has gone to an incorrect email address.

-  Refund request - https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales_refund If you haven't got the Order ID, etc enter 00000000 and give as much information that you can to help identify it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.870) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security