Author Topic: [solved] Unable to update malwarebytes ... due to avast?  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Dinobot2

• Poster
Re: [solved] Unable to update malwarebytes ... due to avast?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2024, 11:30:39 PM »
1.0.2249 from 01/27 at 8:37 pm

as I've already said, if I don't run an analysis, no update (module or version) is made and I'm also "up to date" in a loop.

The procedure for updating:

1-I do a manual (1st) update.

3-I run a scan (2nd search for an update ... automatically).

4-I perform a (3rd) manual update.

If a version or module update is available, it is only carried out at this point.

Alright so I tried updating the 'regular' way which just updated the Update package version, but not the new Component package version (1.0.2259). I tried your method of doing a scan (just scanned a random small folder on my computer), then manually checked for updates again, and it updated my component package version from 1.0.2249 to 1.0.2259.

So, just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion! It's still silly that this method is required, but c'est la vie I guess.

Offline chris...

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: [solved] Unable to update malwarebytes ... due to avast?
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2024, 01:38:58 PM »
So, just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion! It's still silly that this method is required, but c'est la vie I guess.
That's right.

I found this method by chance several years ago, but I never understood the reason for these multi-stage updates. :-[