Author Topic: Download Folder  (Read 705 times)

Offline Robert517

Download Folder
« on: February 14, 2024, 11:06:57 PM »
I hope this is the right place to ask this.  I do a lot of downloading every day but I learned the hard way a few years ago that Avast will scan and delete things that are in your download folder.  How do I get Avast to avoid scanning my download folder?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Download Folder
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 12:27:00 AM »
Avast shouldn't delete anything autonomously, you should either get a notification on what is found and action to take.

What type of scan are you doing  ?

Personally I don't know why you bother with this scan  ?
- With a resident (on-access) scanner the need for on-demand scans is much depreciated. For the most part dormant/inert files are being scanned, the other active files are going to be scanned by the resident shields when they are activated.

So when you access the website, it and and file should be checked by the web shield and the file system shield.  If you tried to run one of those files you downloaded, then that would first be scanned by the file system shield.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.862) UI 1.0.814/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security