Author Topic: Virus Definition won't update  (Read 62 times)

Offline Jamie2020

Virus Definition won't update
« on: Today at 07:47:36 PM »
Just today, my Avast Premium Security (under the Avast Ultimate plan) gave me those red exclamation warning that says that my virus definitions are out of date. Problem is, every time I try to update it, the green loading bar just moves back and forth for a long time. Stops by itself, and the warning doesn't go away. My virus definition is still out of date.
And just now, the button that allows me to CHECK FOR UPDATE is no longer even highlighted.

The software itself is up to date, so is this an issue on the server side or is there something else?

Offline Raining

Re: Virus Definition won't update
« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:35:30 PM »
I have the same problem, no one responds here.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Virus Definition won't update
« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:50:31 PM »
What is the Avast Premium Security Program Version and build number, see attached image (click to expand) of my Avast Free settings.

I generally allow Virus Definitions to update Automatically (currently on VPS 240919-4) but Manual for Program updates, I haven't had an issue with the virus definition updates.

Whilst it is an old adage, but have you tried a system restart, a cure for many old issues.

I have just run a manual Virus Definitions update and whilst a little slow it completed and now on VPS 240919-8 - image 2.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security