Author Topic: Infuriating log-out issue  (Read 217 times)

Offline brigidrynne

Infuriating log-out issue
« on: May 14, 2024, 01:15:05 PM »
For the last 10-14 days or so, I've been logged out of Facebook and other forums on my laptop. This does not affect the same forums/apps that I access on my phone - luckily, as the two-factor authentication used by Facebook requires me to log in on another device. I wouldn't mind so much if it were just once a day, but it is literally every time I close the app/site.

More seriously, I'm the owner of a small ecommerce business that takes payment via PayPal. For the last week or so, the Transfer Money screen has not been displaying properly, making it impossible to perform a transfer. I assumed it was a problem with PayPal and the technical department are due to get back to me with a fix.

However, having turned off Avast protection, this and the log-out issues I was having are miraculously cured. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I can't afford to connect to the internet without virus protection.

Has anyone any suggestions for a fix?

Offline MrDJ

Re: Infuriating log-out issue
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 02:00:08 PM »
temp fix here https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=327343.0
untick cookies
if you dont want to do that have a blank brouser tab open at all times and it wont log you out.
Clevo P502 Laptop i7 3720QM 2.60GHz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GTX 680M, Crucial 512 SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, over 12 years old and still super fast.

Offline brigidrynne

Re: Infuriating log-out issue
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024, 03:16:51 PM »
Many thanks. I've done that and also submitted a support file via Avast's support app. Hopefully, there'll be a permanent fix soon.