Author Topic: Why does Avast never get mentioned in videos about AV ?  (Read 254 times)

Offline Bowdon

Why does Avast never get mentioned in videos about AV ?
« on: May 15, 2024, 01:28:56 PM »
I recently bought a laptop that I need to change to a more permanent AV. But when looking around at various videos about AV's and Windows 11 Avast is never mentioned. Why is this?

I've used Avast products (and AVG previously) for over decade. But the lack of Avast being in the recommendations lists is giving me questions as to why?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Why does Avast never get mentioned in videos about AV ?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2024, 04:00:40 PM »
I've used Avast products (and AVG previously) for over decade. But the lack of Avast being in the recommendations lists is giving me questions as to why?
One reason may be this  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=327444.0

Offline tmod700

Re: Why does Avast never get mentioned in videos about AV ?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2024, 09:21:48 PM »
I recently bought a laptop that I need to change to a more permanent AV. But when looking around at various videos about AV's and Windows 11 Avast is never mentioned. Why is this?

Avast still has the reputation of selling user info from years ago, They at one point got charged by the FTC and had to pay some serious money.
That is supposed to be a thing of the past and I like the look and feel of Avast but AVG has less issues for me.
If you look at the files between Avast and AVG you will see a structure they both use and they are both owned by the same parent company.