Author Topic: "Connected to new network" window pops up, doesn't display fully  (Read 607 times)

Offline MagicWazard

24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.832)

A window pop-up reading "Connected to new network" appears in the bottom right of the screen the first time after I rebooted with the new Avast version installed.  It does not display fully, is partially cut off, and I cannot read the entire thing.  It does not time out and there is no "X" to dismiss it.  I cannot get a screen capture of this with the Windows Screen Snip function; the window disappears while Screen Snip is active.  The only way I found to make it dismiss was to press the "OK" button in the window, but since the entire window is not being displayed I don't know what the "OK" button is consenting to or what it may have done.

I've attached a picture of the window, which I had to take with my phone.  I can't figure out how to insert it into this post itself (the "insert" button just puts BBcode but doesn't let me select the attachment).  I'll put it up on Flickr and link to it there if I have to.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Re: "Connected to new network" window pops up, doesn't display fully
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 09:36:16 AM »
Is your system a mac?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Microsoft Windows Defender - Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI version 1.0.803

Offline MrDJ

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2024, 12:16:12 PM »
24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.832)

A window pop-up reading "Connected to new network" appears in the bottom right of the screen the first time after I rebooted with the new Avast version installed.  It does not display fully, is partially cut off, and I cannot read the entire thing.  It does not time out and there is no "X" to dismiss it.  I cannot get a screen capture of this with the Windows Screen Snip function; the window disappears while Screen Snip is active.  The only way I found to make it dismiss was to press the "OK" button in the window, but since the entire window is not being displayed I don't know what the "OK" button is consenting to or what it may have done.

I've attached a picture of the window, which I had to take with my phone.  I can't figure out how to insert it into this post itself (the "insert" button just puts BBcode but doesn't let me select the attachment).  I'll put it up on Flickr and link to it there if I have to.

picture is massive to view. maybe easier to resize by saving to pc first then using snipping tool to lower the res and size.
click on attachments and other options below this text box then click brouse to attach a picture.
done it for you below.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 12:21:40 PM by MrDJ »
Clevo P502 Laptop i7 3720QM 2.60GHz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GTX 680M, Crucial 512 SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, over 12 years old and still super fast.

Offline abarref

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2024, 02:05:57 PM »
This popup "Connected to a new network" appears every single time I start my PC. I contacted support and they suggested repairing Avast, but I when for a full reset of the PC (for other reasons) and this problem persisted. I don't know what to do. I have another PC with windows 10 that doesn't have this problem. This laptop has the latest version of Windows 11.