Author Topic: Connection to website is not secure (when opening Excel and logged in)  (Read 205 times)

Offline savage2000wwe

Using the latest Windows (64 bit).
Using Avast Premium Security 24.5.6116

The problem has started today (June 28).

I open up Excel........Excel has me signed in under my profile name/email address......then the following Avast message appears....

Offline Talbotsun

Yep I'm getting the same thing. It's randomly prompting when I edit Word files.

Doesn't seem to be stopping anything, it's just an annoyance.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
See this topic - https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=327907.0 - in the General sub-forum https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=1.0

Which is I guess the same issue, though they didn't attach an image.

Quote from: Andy83
"Avast has blocked access to hXXps://uci.edog.cdn.office.net/ because one of the issuers of the server certificate has expired" and the other one had "support.content.office.net" listed as the website.

I have broken the link in the quote above and also highlighted the reason.  I'm not sure what can be done about this expired certificate, other than MS updating the certificate or adding an exception (obviously there is a risk involved) to allow access.

Note I'm an Avast User and not an Avast Team member.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline savage2000wwe

Thanks for that...much appreciated  ;D

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Massive Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
From AVAST:

Web Shield component detections when accessing Microsoft Office

New incident: Monitoring

Users may experience a detection from our Web Shield component when accessing Microsoft Office, this is due to an expired certificate on Microsoft’s end. It is possible to temporarily add an exclusion for office.net to the exclusions, however, as the issue is the expired certificate itself, the web browser will then likely further block access. Once Microsoft applies a new valid certificate, the issue will be resolved

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Thanks for that...much appreciated  ;D

You're welcome.

It has also been reported to Avast by another active member in the forums.

Though, I would have thought MS would have been all over this outdated certificate.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security