Author Topic: exporting from Avast Passwords on Android  (Read 809 times)

Offline tparkergm

exporting from Avast Passwords on Android
« on: August 21, 2024, 07:42:29 AM »
I am probably screwed. My work got Avast a LONG time ago. At some point I picked it up for my local passwords. I wasn't aware this app was discontinued. I recently broke my phone and need  to  get my passwords off of it but the interface is limited and there is no export I can find. I can log into their website with two different emails but there is nothing there. My phone has a synch command but not sure where, or if, it syncs to.

Does anyone know how to get the passwords exported from the phone? This seems like a poor decision and a poor  design  by Avast. Up until now I was happy with the product but I can't recommend a  product that you can't export and back up something as important as passwords. I can only iimagine what the other tools are like.

BTW, I tried support it was awful. The guy couldn't understand me, I had to spell out everything. He couldn't understand the problem and kept asking what I was trying  to do. I figure he didn't even know this product existed. He couldn't give me any help. So i figure I'd try here and see  if anyone has any thoughts.

Thanks

Offline tparkergm

Re: exporting from Avast Passwords on Android
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2024, 10:15:15 PM »
Update:
I was able to update the app on the new phone. Android attemps to copy over everythiing from the old phone, to include the apps. In my case the Avast Password app was copied over. I logged iin and synched everything. It did send an email and gave me a code I had to accept. If you still have old email, you should be able to do the same.

However, I still need to figure out how to export my passwords. I am wondering if there is some app I have to install on the laptop, but I iam not sure what app and where to get it. Thoughts?

Thanks
Tom