Author Topic: Versions?  (Read 443 times)

Offline pafball

Versions?
« on: August 02, 2024, 12:50:52 PM »
Hi! I saw Avast Ultimate Suite for sale at a reputable 3rd party web site however when I go to the official Avast web site under "Home/Security" I see Avast Free, Avast Premium, and Avast One. I don't see any mention of Avast Ultimate Suite. Can someone explain this? Also how does the Ultimate Suite compare to Avast One? They are very similar? Is their a page that compares side by side all of these...

Avast Free
Avast Premium
Avast One
Avast Ultimate Suite

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Versions?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2024, 01:29:07 PM »
A few seconds to copy "Avast Ultimate Suite" from your post and google it and bang, many hits - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Avast+Ultimate+Suite - the first hit is the Avast site https://www.avast.com/en-gb/ultimate

And this also in the hits:
Quote from: Extract
What is the difference between Avast Premier and Avast Ultimate?
Ultimate Suite is thus the most comprehensive package of all the Avast antivirus series. You can remain anonymous online with the feature AntiTrack which helps you avoid personalised ads and disguises your “digital footprints”. With Avast Cleanup Premium you can remove hidden junk files.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.870) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline pafball

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2024, 12:45:13 PM »
Thanks for the effort, but this doesn't help me. I did the same Google search before posting and found the same page. As I said...  when I go to the official Avast web site under "Home/Security" I see Avast Free, Avast Premium, and Avast One. I don't see any mention of Avast Ultimate Suite and there's not a comparison page that I can use to make a decision between these four versions. I think there are four versions LOL. Who knows!

Maybe you can help with this... It's my understanding that Avast doesn't have ransomware remediation or memory scanning ability?  The anti-ransomware module of Avast is very much based on the trusted/untrusted concept? Whilst it may block some ransomware, it won’t help when there is code injection in a trusted process? Same goes for the firewall prompt, which as well is very much trusted/untrusted executable based?

Thanks!

Offline chris...

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2024, 02:25:15 PM »
.....I don't see any mention of Avast Ultimate Suite .....

Thanks!
hello
You probably didn't read DavidR's answer all the way through.
He gives you the official link to avast Ultimate which is a combination of several Avast products.
You will find all the elements of comparison by looking at all the elements of the pack individually.
So, for the security elements you are looking for, you will find them in those of avast Premium security that you said you found.
when I go to the official Avast web site under "Home/Security" I see Avast Free, Avast Premium, and Avast One.