Author Topic: URL:Block [FakeScan] keeps popping up?  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Haunted_Stardust

URL:Block [FakeScan] keeps popping up?
« on: July 31, 2024, 08:22:28 PM »
Haven't had this issue before and my husband can't find a reason for it either. I've looked all over online but no one seems to have any issues related to this sort of message. It just started today but I haven't visited the site in question for months now and never had any threat issues when I did visit the site.

For ref, I included a screenshot of the popup. The site was for an art based rpg type thing using Lorekeeper but I don't know what/who actually hosts the site. I've now had 4 popups that seem to target different parts of the site (newsfeed, a specific image, etc). If anyone can offer any suggestions, I'd appriciate it :'( I don't even have the site bookmarked anymore so I have no idea how it can be "aborting a connection" if there's none there to start with

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: URL:Block [FakeScan] keeps popping up?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2024, 09:17:20 PM »
there is not much to check when you don't provide the url, it is on your screenshot but you have censored it

« Last Edit: July 31, 2024, 09:26:10 PM by Pondus »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: URL:Block [FakeScan] keeps popping up?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2024, 09:27:15 PM »
Do you still get the popup when not doing anything?

Try clear Your browser history

In all major Internet browsers (e.g., Chrome, Edge, Firefox, IE, Opera), pressing Ctrl + Shift + Delete opens the Clear browsing data window to quickly clear private data and history

Does it still happen?
- If so try starting your browser with apps disabled.

Does it still happen?
If not, one of your browser add-ons would appear to be connecting to this site.
Now it is a bit of a pain, disabling one app at a time to find it.
Start with any app recently added and or apps recently updated.