Author Topic: Avast Hub sends not mails anymore  (Read 3010 times)

Offline Tom610

Avast Hub sends not mails anymore
« on: January 12, 2023, 11:44:21 AM »
Ticket is open already.
Problem occures since a week or two.
Took me quite some time to convince the support guy to escalte this issue to the second level.

I want to add that this problem is not new. Avast has to implement a mechanism to monitor mailflow!

It can't be that a security company can't keep track of such basic functionality and that partners like us has to find out that mail flow is not working.

We had such issues at least 2-4 times starting from may 2021 where we started using the hub...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2024, 01:11:38 PM by Tom610 »

Offline Pavel Krejci

• Avast team
  • Product Manager, Avast Business
Re: Avast Hub sends not mails anymore
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 11:57:07 AM »
Hello,

thanks you for reporting this issues. We’re experiencing some technical issues with sending alert emails. It’s being fixed with a high priority; our engineering teams are on that.

Offline Tom610

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 01:14:16 PM »
Hello Pavel,

meanwhile we get first mails now...

What I'm sad about is, that this kind of issue is happening not the first time. We had this issue at least 2-4 time since we use the hub as of may 2021!
I also talked about this topic with Pave Jirsak suggesting, that Avast should implement some kind of mechanism to keep track of mailflow.

I thin this monitoring would not so complicated to be implemented and would be mandatory for a security company. Remember, some information comming by mail are security relevant.

Update: The case from my side was created on january 5th...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 05:03:53 PM by Tom610 »

Offline Pavel Krejci

• Avast team
  • Product Manager, Avast Business
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 09:53:12 AM »
The issue with sending alert emails should be fixed by now.

Offline Tom610

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 10:55:44 AM »
Confirmed!

Hope someone will get this on the to do list to implement permanent monitoring of mail function of the hub.

This function is pretty important for MSPs in order to monitor fales positives or real detections!

Offline Tom610

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2024, 01:11:23 PM »
Got a customer this week that did not receive any Hub mails. He opend a case and the support fixed it.

Resume from my side: Avast still needs to implement a mechanism that will check automatically if mail flow is ok!