Author Topic: McShield  (Read 616 times)

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
McShield
« on: August 23, 2024, 05:03:16 AM »
Good day,

I have been running MCShield since the beginning but now Avast is sending me an alert that it is infected with a Trojan. See attachment.

I open MCShield and its fine but when I try to update Mcshield the Avast alert appears. I do believe there is no update but I was trying to see what was triggering this alert. The alert kept coming back even though I was not inserting a usb or external drive into my computer or trying to access mcshield.

I uninstalled McShield, and tried to install it from your website at www.mcshield.net and the alert immediately appears.

To my knowledge there is no virus on my computer, I have gotten the all clear from Avast & Malewarebytes but now not sure what to do about McShield. At this point I can't reinstall it (I would like to) but wondering what exactly the alert  means.

TIA for any help or answers

nanajana
I love this forum, with all its extremely knowledgeable personnel!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: McShield
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2024, 11:23:54 AM »
I open MCShield and its fine but when I try to update Mcshield the Avast alert appears.
MCShield  is not maintained anymore so it does not update. The program work on behaviour and should work as is. The updates was for avoiding false positives. If you still want to use it, try turn OFF the autoupdate function and see if avast alert go away

At this point I can't reinstall it (I would like to) but wondering what exactly the alert  means.
avast alert on the MCShield website that i dont think belong to MCShield anymore.

If you still want to use it you may try to download it from softpedia
https://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/MCShield.shtml

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
Re: McShield
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2024, 10:05:56 PM »
Thanks Pondus for the response. Since I have already uninstalled MCShield, and  the alert is gone, I will not reinstall it.

Have a good day!

nanajana
I love this forum, with all its extremely knowledgeable personnel!