Author Topic: Microphone not working (+ a bunch of other issues related?)  (Read 934 times)

Offline Money-Preparation

Hi 

Mic not working (Avast SB, Win 10. Latest version of everything! Have all permissions as far I can tell) tried a bunch of settings, w/wo everything, even private mood, cleaned cache etc, and so on.

Everytime I try to use the mic it directly turns off and tells me - No internet connection!? Which isn't true! Also some extensions aren't working, in particular it seems like AI Assistant Extensions are affected by the same issue (although they have worked in the past)!

Other browsers; Chrome, Edge etc, mic and so on works fine.

:P

Why/What to do/Help!

Offline JosefK

• Avast team
Re: Microphone not working (+ a bunch of other issues related?)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2024, 09:25:18 AM »
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a problem.

Could you please try to visit on this test page: https://permission.site/ and click on the `Microphone` button?

If the result is not a green button, please try to reset your permissions by clicking on the icon in the search field
View site information

and then click on `Site settings`.

After that, click on the `Reset permissions` button on the page. This should reset all changes/permissions on the site.

Now refresh the page with https://permission.site/ and click the `Microphone` button again

The Permissions popup should be shown, and allowing it should make the microphone work.

The `Microphone` button should turn green, and an indication of using the microphone should be visible by a blinking icon on the tab.

If this is working, try to reset permissions the same way on your desired webpage.

Offline Money-Preparation

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2024, 09:02:02 PM »
Thanks for reply!
Unfortunately I can't get your suggested solution to solve my issue! I forgot to say - it is Google search (with voice/mic), which just refuses to function! Everything is 'green' re permissions, and working. My other browsers are working ok, same Google search, so I think it has to do with Avast SB!?

:(

Offline Reid Kiron

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2024, 01:02:52 PM »
Hi I wonder if anyone has other solutions for this please? My problem is specifically using Duolingo. The microphone will not work. I have enabled permissions for Duolingo. I click the icone at the top every time to grant permission to use the microphone. It just doesn't work and defaults back to not allowing me to use the microphone. I can't get it to work in Facebook Messenger having just tried to test it there as well. Thanks.