Author Topic: a new virus from instant messengers..  (Read 2890 times)

vartismz

a new virus from instant messengers..
« on: January 18, 2008, 07:06:29 AM »
here is an actual message sent by the virus thru YM..
DONT CLICK ON THE LINK IT IS THE ACTUAL VIRUS LINK SO EVERYBODY
TAKE PERCAUTION...

Tra lai em niem vui khi duoc gan ben em, tra lai em loi yeu thuong em dem, tra lai em niem tin thang nam qua ta dap xay. Gio day chi la nhung ky niem buon... hxxp://nhatquanglan1.0catch[dot]com 

if your system is infected... example when you use yahoo messenger you are sending this line without you knowing it.. infected system is spead this virus

ADMIN: Do not link samples!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 07:34:52 PM by vartismz »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: a new virus from instant messengers..
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 01:57:33 PM »
Chocholo, does avast detect this nasty?
The best things in life are free.

TekNoWene

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 08:54:04 PM »
So is anyone EVER going to fix this?  I have emailed samples, and still have not even got a reply!  I am not impressed so far with Avast.  The first real Virus outbreak that I have at the house and I just recommended work buy their product, and now I got no responce for better than a week!  Not a great way to create business!

I have been running it for a couple of months so far and have only seen some malware / spyware that showed up.  Occassionally it bugs me about emails with not subject, or the like.  When I have what I know is a nasty, I expect someone to care!  When I take the time to email it, I at least expect a reply!  I have been waiting for two weeks now for some repsonce to a post or a mention of what to do now!  NOTHING!

I am not impressed!

Michael.

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 09:10:34 PM »
avast! have been saying they're going to improve the speed of addition of submitted samples for a long time, but the process remains slow. Still we keep giving them the benefit of the doubt.  ::)
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog