Author Topic: Can't restore from Virus Chest  (Read 2402 times)

Baz

Can't restore from Virus Chest
« on: September 22, 2008, 08:37:39 AM »
Yesterday, an Avast sweep detected seven hits from Win32:Trojan-Gen. I moved the files to the Virus Chest, but, suspecting they might be false positives, rescanned them today after the latest iAVS update. Sure enough, they're now clean.

Problem is, I can't seem to restore them now. I've tried several times, each time getting an indication that the restoration was successful, but all seven files are still in the chest. Should they be? Are those just copies that are restored? Can I simply delete the files that remain from the chest?

I believe from searching for and reading similar posts here that only copies remain in the chest, but I'm confused because the Help file in the program itself reads:  Restore file. The file will be moved to its original location, i.e. to the folder on your disks where it was moved to the Chest from. Simultaneously, it is removed from the Chest.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 10:33:15 AM by Baz »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Can't restore from Virus Chest
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 02:56:16 PM »
The restored file is kept into Chest also, i.e., the restored file is a copy.
You can manually delete the file into Chest.
Maybe the help file is wrong...
The best things in life are free.

Baz

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 07:05:12 PM »
Thanks, Tech. I suspected that. Might have been better off if I didn't read the Help file.  :)

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 07:14:21 PM »
As Tech said, I believe that a copy is kept in the chest, But it wouldn't hurt to check your system and make sure the files have been restored to where they belong. If so, then delete them from the chest.
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!