Author Topic: RPC error showed up again  (Read 2733 times)

danni.301

RPC error showed up again
« on: July 10, 2009, 03:05:45 PM »
I did post this in general but I think it should have gone here.

I received another red circle on the Avast icon. The program shows 0 provider & 0 running. I had this problem about a week or so ago. I tried repairing the program and still shows 0 for both. I checked the settings and they show started and manual. I did a repair again, but nothing. The computer's security settings are set ON for firewall and virus protection. Do I need to turn them off to allow this program to run for longer than a week?
I do have Revo Uninstall on the computer. Should I use this program to completely delete Avast and then reinstall it?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: RPC error showed up again
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 03:09:41 PM »
Which was your old antivirus, before avast? How did you uninstall it?
I suggest an installation from the scratch:

1. Uninstall avast from Control Panel first.
2. Boot.
3. Download the latest version of Avast Uninstall and use it for complete uninstallation. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there.
4. Boot.
5. Download, save and install the latest avast! version. It will be good to accept the boot time scanning on next boot.
6. Boot.
7. Check and post the results.
The best things in life are free.

danni.301

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 01:29:59 AM »
Sorry for taking so long to reply. I had Avast and then got an RPC error message. Before Avast it was I think something from Microsoft or Windows my brother downloaded. This will be the 3rd time of uninstalling and installing Avast. The software worked fine for about a year and then 2 weeks ago the red circle showed up on the icon. And I've had problems ever since.
How do I put it in the safe mode?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 02:28:00 PM »
How do I put it in the safe mode?
Click on the link I've posted under the words Safe Mode before...
The best things in life are free.