Author Topic: Virus Cleaner  (Read 2350 times)

Offline N0rt05

Virus Cleaner
« on: June 29, 2009, 05:45:43 PM »
I downloaded this utility and ran it on my non-admin location and after a number of files were scanned, each of them said: "file could not be scanned!" So I gave it up as not working properly. My admin site is not password protected and I only go there to install apps - do not really use it for internet. So as you can see, I can't log in and use password thru the Avast program as recommended. I don't know if my pc is infected - I have downloaded a program which supposedly has W32.Netsky.P@mm in it. I see topics that say this is harmless if all windows updates are installed which they are. Anyway, long story. Hope I can get some clarity through this forum. Thank you.

CharleyO

Re: Virus Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 02:33:58 AM »

Please download HijackThis from the link below. Do not download HJT to the desktop but instead download it into it's own folder on the hard drive.

Run the program but do not make any fixes and then post the log results using the "copy & paste" method. It will probably take more than one post to be able to get the complete log posted.

OR, you can post it as an attachment to your post by clicking on "Additional Options..." below left of the posting box. 

When you post the log, be sure to include the complete log ... header and ending. Please do not add spaces nor anything else to the log.

Someone will review your log and then offer help.

http://filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/