Author Topic: Testing Comodo Memory Guardian  (Read 2319 times)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Testing Comodo Memory Guardian
« on: October 04, 2009, 04:53:40 PM »
Hi malware fighters,

After a VM issue that I am looking into, I downloaded the Comodo BO Tester and Comodo Memory Guardian, both free tools and I have put various mem consumong executables there to test issues whenever mem drastically is being enhanced, because of Stack execution,
Heap Execution, Ret2LibC. (The program exists for 64 bits as well). C.M.G. will alert to sudden buffer overflow cases and allow the user to kill them or allow them.
After some testing and having it on my machine longer I will report back to you here,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
Re: Testing Comodo Memory Guardian
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 05:50:23 PM »
G'day Polonus

Comodo CIS has already included Comodo BO Tester and Comodo Memory Guardian into the latest version they call it Memory Firewall: Cutting-edge protection against sophisticated buffer overflow attacks.

See link Comodo Internet Security – Free Version http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php

Edit: Comodo Memory Guardian doesn't exist any more because you are testing a very old version which I have just already check at the Comodo forum website.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 05:58:13 PM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 10:28:42 PM »
Hi SpeedyPC,

It is a shame actually that all comes in suites to-day, you cannot make up your own brew of desired stand-alone tools to make up your own layered defense model.
I  just want a stand-alone two-way firewall, a intrusion detection program like ThreatFire, connection monitoring tools, log analyzing tools, bot activity detection, in-browser security extensions, etc, one resident av-solution, additional anti-malware detection.
I can understand that the newbie welcomes a ready made solution as the average user gets these overbloated suites to-day from the major vendors of security solutions, well, my friend, I like to make my own pick and for good reasons that I have established myself and I. One of the reasons while I left Comodo firewall. One of the reasons I enjoy a security tweakable browser like Firefox or Flock (NoScript, RP, ABP. CSP etc.),
No I do not want a sheep with five legs, I want it to fly!

polonus

Hermite15

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 10:41:17 PM »
yeah OK that's your choice but you're aware that you're running completely outdated and discontinued software; as said it's in CIS now taken to much improved levels of protection.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 10:49:23 PM »
Hi Logos,

Already got rid of it as soon as I was alerted to this, but the above is my view on so-called all-in-one solutions,

polonus