Author Topic: Trojan won't delete with any AV Software  (Read 3773 times)

djheathks

Trojan won't delete with any AV Software
« on: June 03, 2004, 11:27:12 PM »
Recently I ran Norton AV and it detected a trojan and wouldn't quarantine or delete it. I downloaded and ran avast and it found it and thought it deleted it. But ran a system scan again and it found it again. Here is what it found:

Sign of "Win32:Trojano-119{Trj}" has been found in "C:\Documents and Settings\default\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\3JTV7HSS\setup[1].exe" file.

Sign of "Win32:Trojano-119[Trj]" has been found in "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\setup.exe" file.

Could use some help please. Thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:Trojan won't delete with any AV Software
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 12:28:11 AM »
It would help to know which OS you are using and if you have managed to get rid of all traces of NAV.

1. clear your temporary internet files, IE properties, Temporary Internet Files - Delete Files.

2. run another scan with avast and if given the option either delete or move file to chest.

3. If you have WinME or XP, disable System Restore and reboot.

4. scan again with avast, if clear enable system restore.

5. if not clear, open the avast scanner and from the menu, select, 'Schedule boot time scan,' exit the program and reboot. This will repeat the same scan that happened when you first installed avast, since it is run before windows is activated it should get rid of most problems.

6. when you get in confirm you are clean.

That should keep you busy for a while, you might also want to read the FAQ thread in the Off Topic Forum.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

djheathks

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 09:16:40 PM »
Thanks for the help. I deleted all the files in my temp files and ran avast again and it detected no virus and then ran the other one I had on here and it worked as well.  So hopefully that took care of it. Btw, I had XP Pro, I think 128MB of ram, 933 PIII, 60GB Hard drive, Compaq

Fletch

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 07:29:12 PM »
« Last Edit: June 06, 2004, 07:32:28 PM by Fletch »