Author Topic: Both 4.8 & 5 beta result in "You have upgraded your operating system" win7 64  (Read 2767 times)

Dookus

Story goes.
bought upgrade version of Win7, came home, zero'd the drive (deleted partition and re-created drive with two partitions during vista install -  both NTFS quick formatted) installed Vista 64 on a 100 gig partition, immediately upgraded that to Win7 64.

then

installed Avast 4.8 and reboot The message "You have upgraded your operating system. current installation of Avast cannot run on this operating system. The Avast antivirus system needs to be reinstalled."
Uninstalled 4.8 and downloaded the online installer (301kb piece of software)
After install and reboot same message.
Downloaded 5 beta today.
After uninstall of 4.8 again and reboot then install of 5 beta and reboot...... same message.

No similar posts are relevant to this problem .. did a big search first and read them all.
Thanks
John

bobo1

Hi,
Should have done a full format as this does a more thourogh job than quick format

Dookus

The drive was zero'd .. does not matter!
And why that would affect a program as sophisticated as a virus scanner I have no idea!

YoKenny

Welcome Dookus

I use Windows 7 64-bit and avast! V5 beta2 that is looking great and should be available as an update later this month.

Look in the Beta area of the forum for help with beta issues:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=15.0

Dookus

Welcome Dookus

I use Windows 7 64-bit and avast! V5 beta2 that is looking great and should be available as an update later this month.

Look in the Beta area of the forum for help with beta issues:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=15.0

Your not using the "Upgrade version" I suspect that is the problem that Alwil need to address.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Sounds like you ran the installer in "compatibility mode"...

Can you please check that if you right-click the setup program in Explorer, select Properties and go to the Compatibility page, the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" box is unchecked?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Dookus

Sounds like you ran the installer in "compatibility mode"...

Can you please check that if you right-click the setup program in Explorer, select Properties and go to the Compatibility page, the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" box is unchecked?

Thanks
Vlk

It is unchecked.