Author Topic: Avast Webshield Found a Trojan  (Read 2597 times)

hellomynameis

Avast Webshield Found a Trojan
« on: December 28, 2009, 03:52:30 AM »
Two days ago I was looking for an application to modify a user interface, for a game. :(  So I check out this website hxxp://www.spartanui.com/ and before the page even has a chance to load avast webshield comes up with Trojan Detected! I freaked out and clicked the terminate connection button, and the website was stopped loading, clicked out of firefox and ran a full scan, minus archived files.(my backed up files take forever to scan) Avast didn't find anything. I did a search for this website and trojan and a forum from the game said to stay away from this site, then I got worried.

I then ran spybot, malewarebytes and adaware but they didn't find any trojans. I'm scared to put in any passwords into my computer now, I even signed up on the forums using my laptop. I'm worried that this website will try to hack into the account of the video game, or worse get into my university account with all my personal information and grades and financial information. I am thinking of formating the entire computer, all hard drives save for my schoolwork.

My question is if the webshield found a trojan did it make it into my computer somewhere? Because I cannot find any place except the webshield details where it was recorded, but there is no delete or remove file option. Please Help.

shae_32

Re: Avast Webshield Found a Trojan
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 06:06:21 AM »
Hi. :) Welcome to the Avast forums.

The warning you got from Avast indicates that the Web Shield did what it was supposed to. It caught the trojan and prevented it from downloading. :) I've had that particular warning before. All it means, is that Avast did what it was supposed to: Keep the baddies out. :D

hellomynameis

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 06:47:31 AM »
Thank you for the quick reply. That's good news, I just sighed in relief. I also reported the website to Google so hopefully people who click that site in the future from their search will get a warning if nothing else.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 04:49:37 PM »
I have just visited the site and no alert on the URL you gave, so either they have cleaned up or that isn't the full URL of the detection ?

Check the avast! Log Viewer (right click the avast 'a' icon), Warning section, this contains information on all avast detections. C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashLogV.exe

- Or check the source file using notepad C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Warning.log and copy and paste the entry.
####
When posting URLs to suspect sites, change the http to hXXp so the link isn't active (clickable) avoiding accidental exposure.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security