Author Topic: cannot access my email  (Read 4875 times)

sweettangel83

cannot access my email
« on: June 20, 2004, 07:07:27 PM »
I deleted a virus, but every since then I cannot get into my yahoo account, the virus must have been in the yahoo file somehow, and now I tried everything in my knowlege to get it back working and still is not working...PLease Help, I need to get to my emails.
Dana

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:cannot access my email
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 10:58:40 PM »
Please Help us to Help you User's FAQ we need more information to be able to help fully. A visit to the - thread will give you a lot of useful advice and an idea of the information needed to Help you fully.

Yahoo is that web based mail (or pop3) because the mail protection provider doesn't directly cover that, however, standard shield provides a last line of defence.

David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

whocares

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 11:00:44 PM »
Hi,

does your Web-Browser and other internet-applicatiosn work normally ?

how do you access your yahoo-account ?
via Web-Browser, via POP3, or via some external WebMail-Checker like eprompter (which generally doesn't work for a few days since Yahoo obviously changed it's login-procedure)

what WIN do you have ? Are all ServicePacks and Windowsupdates applied ?

WHAT virus (which name) did you delete, and where exactly was it located ?

I.e. where exactly was the infected File found (full path/folder/filename, e.g. c:\Windows\system32\virusfile.exe) ?
see avast's log/reports for this info

;)

sweettangel83

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 11:53:12 PM »
I do not remember the name of it, the virus...it was a trojan that is all I remember. I am allowed on yahoo, but I put my user name in, and my email won't load. It just said, "cannot find website" or something like that...I think I truly screwed up the computer. I can go anywhere else, except my yahoo mail. I could not log on yesterday or yesterday.

Max M.Wachtel III

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 03:25:14 AM »
Try cleaning out your tempoary internet folder
Also deleteing cookies might help but you will have to resign in to every web site. Run some online scanners.
Use the links on my site.
-max

Max M.Wachtel III

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 03:25:38 AM »
Try cleaning out your tempoary internet folder
Also deleteing cookies might help but you will have to resign in to every web site. Run some online scanners.
Use the links on my site.
-max