Author Topic: Computer is doing "weird" things? Or is this normal?  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Misuzu

Computer is doing "weird" things? Or is this normal?
« on: February 27, 2010, 06:31:45 PM »
Apparently my family member tried to E-mail someone from another website (As in, not from the website where her E-mail is on) and she said it may have added some Google 'side bar' (Not sure what it's called) to the right side of the desktop.

The "Side Bar" had news on it, and there was a box where it showed pictures from the pictures folder on it. There was also something called a "Sketch Pad" or something and at the bottom there was a box that said "Google" above the box, and you could type in the box... To search for things on the internet I'd imagine.

There was also a "Gadgets" icon on the toolbars and Windows Defender said that programs was trying to change things on my computer, I denied most of them (They seemed to be from Google) but one couldn't be denied because it had a error while I tried to deny it, but I just denied it successfully a few moments ago.

I read that one of the programs change your homepage, so I went on internet explorer and it was Google.com (Or something related to Google) instead of our usual Homepage, but then I exited out of it and then opened up internet explorer again and it was our normal homepage again.

I didn't like how icons appeared on the toolbar and I did a quick scan with MBAM (Up-to-date) and it came up with nothing.

Also, apparently Adobe was trying to update as it's toolbar was on the toolbars (Not sure what it's called, sorry)
When I was scanning with MBAM a toolbar for my codecs appeared for some reason and then they disappeared.

My family does use Google's search engine and Google Earth on their computer, but is all this behavior normal? Do I MAYBE have malware or does Google do this sometimes?
Thanks in advance!
Sorry about so many questions.
|  Free Avast!   |  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Both up-to-date) |

Offline Misuzu

Re: Computer is doing "weird" things? Or is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 03:02:27 AM »
Hm, now when I just started my family's computer back up, it had a green-like abstract art with the words "Windows is resuming" on it. Is this normal as well?

Sorry about this, because it probably is normal and just hasn't happened to me yet.
Thanks to anyone who replies.

EDIT: And now some weird black google bar appeared out of no where without me clicking on anything.

Is this normal? I'm getting slightly worried.
Thanks again!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 05:24:44 AM by Misuzu »
|  Free Avast!   |  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Both up-to-date) |