Author Topic: Win32.Startpage-006(Trj)  (Read 22507 times)

ursule15

Re:Win32.Startpage-006(Trj)
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2004, 11:16:57 AM »
I have extactly the same problem : startpage-006 is detected by avast AV when I uses IE.
I tried a couple of others AV softs, some CWS and so on, with no result.
I guess the only fix is to reinstall the hole system, which is not a perfect solution !

If somebody has a real fix...

whocares

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2004, 11:36:26 AM »
Hi ursule,

please
- read through the above posting again
- supply the requested infos
- describe exactly WHAT you did&tried and with what results
- read here:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=5373
- ad-aware, spybot $ cwshredder: update & then run twice in safemode
- secure system & IE
 ;)

ste3an

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2004, 09:43:58 PM »
i also have the same Win32:Startpage-006 [Trj] fuck how i can remove this shit please :( my mail csstefan@o2.pl

siddaharta

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2004, 07:29:11 PM »
Hi Guys,

It seems you all are lucky removing it.

I have the Win32:Startpage-006 [Trj] virus.

I have Ad-aware, CWS-Shreddar, HiTjack-this and Avast

once every day, while my computer is on and connected to internet (im not doing anything) Avast alerts me of a infected dll in system folder, I choose to delete it which is working fine, I then run HiTjack this and there is about:blank and sp.html linked, I remove these, I then run CWS shreddar and it finds and removes CSW-searchx virus, im now free from the virus! Yes I 'm for one or two days and then its back to square one again... WHY???

What is it that Avast can't find? somewhere on my computer there is a file that is activating all this according to some kind of schedule.

Any idea??

Thanks

Yosh

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2004, 08:06:42 PM »
Once again. I find HiJack useless.
Try smth like that:
First of all update Avast. Then..
1. Run Windows in Safe Mode.
2. Run Ad-Aware and Update it !!!
3. Run Ad-Aware Scan (select all options, full scan) and delete everything unless you're absolutely sure that there is smth that should not be removed. If you don't know what to do.. just del all :P
3. Run CWShredder, UPDATE and run "FIX".
4. Go to  your WINDOWS/SYSTEM32 dir and make Avast SCAN your "system32" folder.
DO NOT INTERRUPT THE MEMORY TEST
Avast should find a file d3d.dll or even some other dll's. Don't try to repair them, just delete.
There may be a problem deleting file d3d.dll so after Avast tells that it cannot remove it, it says that you should run a scan while the system boots. Confirm it. There is a while, when Avast should restart your system. Wait a few seconds. There should be a restart and just before the Windowz loads you should not touch the keyboard (just let Avast do the scanning). After the scan, login, and once again run CWS, Ad-Aware.

And really, DO NOT be afraid to delete unknown files that would be found by spyware removal software.

Hope it'll help. I wish you luck.

Yosh