Author Topic: Avast 5  (Read 3118 times)

lmrats

Avast 5
« on: March 31, 2010, 04:24:47 AM »
I purchased a two year program on 5/1/2009. today my windows security center is telling me my Avast needs to be updated. Well I updated! And it still is telling me my Avast is outdated. I DON'T THINK SO!!!! Wondering if I should uninstall and re-install the program again???? Any ideas?  :-\

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast 5
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 04:40:59 AM »
Ensure that the system date is correct, day/month/year and adjust as required.

If it is correct - Have you tried a manual update from the avast UI, see image.

Try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. This has in the past resolved this out of sync issue between reported and actual VPS version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

lmrats

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 05:28:35 AM »
No I have not tried a manual update. My paperwork shows I paid for Avast 5 and I've seen that screen before......but when I run my program it is still the old standard version. Reminds me of something you'd see on a space ship control panel. LOL

I'll do what you mentioned David. Thanks so much for your quick response.

Monnie
lmrats@psci.net

jrehner

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 05:53:06 AM »
WEll I would go to About Avast and check to see what your subscription info says. Also from there u can check to see if Avast is still active etc. IF Avast is no longer in your Tray and u have to manually open it each time u bootup then u will need to download it again (maybe use the Uninstall Utility on the website if want to be completely sure--but note your customer # etc first)... The trial version is down below the buy it now section where u choose from language versions.... then u get a new key attachment --double click on it and voila u have paid version again---to get the new key attachment some1 here has to give u the Secret link or u Create Ticket and Tech support will provide one to you after about 3 days...

I lost my Avast 4.8 Pro when I updated a program without first closing Avast and Tech Support had me download Avast 5 Pro (trial version) and I had no problem after doing that and once I got the attachment with the new key--I saved that to my desktop and when I double clicked on it--Voila--I had the paid version again

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 07:25:49 AM »
jrehner: it's not secret, and you know it too: www.avast.com/resend-license.php
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 01:41:41 PM »
lmrats, publishing the email won't help you get rid of spam ;)
The best things in life are free.