Author Topic: Win32:FakeAlert-PH and browsers don't work...  (Read 2206 times)

MsMaryContrary

Win32:FakeAlert-PH and browsers don't work...
« on: September 07, 2010, 02:05:52 AM »
At first Avast wouldn't even run, and the virus wasn't found in safe mode.About the 4th or 5th time I restarted the computer, Avast found it and only 2 files were put in the chest (which I deleted).  THEN my browsers stopped working (IE, Opera, Firefox AND Chrome). 

What do I do now?

MsMaryContrary

Re: Win32:FakeAlert-PH and browsers don't work...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 02:26:07 AM »
And what are the registry names for this specific trojan?

Jtaylor83

Re: Win32:FakeAlert-PH and browsers don't work...
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 06:21:21 AM »
Please download and install ISO Burner 2.1 by NTFS onto a non-infected computer.

Next

* Download OTLPE.iso by Oldtimer and burn onto a CD using ISO Burner. NOTE: This file is 292Mb in size so it may take some time to download.

* When the file has finished downloading, double-click on it and ISOBurner will automatically open and prompt you to burn the ISO image to a CD.

* Reboot the infected system using the boot CD you just created. Note: If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
* Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
* you will find an icon on the desktop called OTLPE > Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
* When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
* When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
* Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
* OTL should now start. Change the following settings

* Change Drivers to Safe List
* Under the Custom Scan box, copy/paste this list in the code box without copying the word "code"

Code: [Select]
/md5start
      iaStor.sys
      nvstor.sys
      atapi.sys
      nvata.sys
      iastorv.sys
      /md5stop

* Press Run Scan to start the scan.
* When finished, the file will be saved  in drive C:\OTL.txt
* Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system
* Please attach the contents of the C:\OTL.txt file in your reply. Essexboy will have a look at your logs.