Author Topic: BSOD while running the quick scan and deletion of data in the sandbox (5.1.889)  (Read 5110 times)

GaAs

Hi All.
Hi Avast Team.
I got a BSOD while running the quick scan and deletion of data in the sandbox (button "delete contents").
Can serve the my minidump?
Or I did a stupid thing? (if so, I apologize :)).
Thanks.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
send me please minidump (kurtin@avast.com)
thanks

GaAs

send me please minidump (kurtin@avast.com)
thanks

Hi PK!.
Ok! Sent.
Thanks.
 ;) :)

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
memory corruption, not really related to avast...
if you get another minidump, please send it automatically and we'll try to figure out some testing scenarios for your computer to find the source of the problem, thanks.

GaAs

memory corruption, not really related to avast...
if you get another minidump, please send it automatically and we'll try to figure out some testing scenarios for your computer to find the source of the problem, thanks.

You were really friendly.
I will do as you said.
Thank You PK!.

GaAs

HI PK.
Did you get my new minidump?

GaAs

Mmmmmm......
After last  sending of the "avastUI.exe.dmp", i begin at have some afraid.
PK, what happened?
;D

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
thank you, I got all your dumps, but I'm quite busy right now... sorry for delay
- minidump: yes, this will be fixed, not sure how it could crash, but I'll rewrite that code
- avast_ui: hang during cleanup operation, hard to say why just from user-mode dump; next time please use this utility: http://public.avast.com/~kurtin/osrbang.exe, it'll generate kernel-mode dump

thanks a lot

GaAs

thank you, I got all your dumps, but I'm quite busy right now... sorry for delay
- minidump: yes, this will be fixed, not sure how it could crash, but I'll rewrite that code
- avast_ui: hang during cleanup operation, hard to say why just from user-mode dump; next time please use this utility: http://public.avast.com/~kurtin/osrbang.exe, it'll generate kernel-mode dump

thanks a lot

Thank you PK.
 I am happy to be useful.
 The application osrbang.exe is known to me.
 Sorry if I appeared urgent. I did not mean to be.
 Thank you very much.