Author Topic: The System cannot find the file specified  (Read 10805 times)

TheNinjas

The System cannot find the file specified
« on: November 03, 2010, 01:15:18 PM »
Hi avast!,

This is my first time to use your forum. I'm new here and I don't know much of avast and its uses. So please kindly help me. :)

I've got a problem regarding on 2 threat detected that were not deleted or moved to vault. It said that ' The system cannot find the file specified '. I am worried now cause i don't know what will happen to that virus. If it is still on my computer or not.

Here are some screenshots which I have made for further details. (imageshack.us)
http://img585.imageshack.us/g/avast2.png/

Thanks,
-TheNinjas-

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: The System cannot find the file specified
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 01:20:09 PM »
Are the files detected again during another scan?
They are/were located in browser's cache, so it's possible that the browser has deleted them in between.

TheNinjas

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 10:00:19 AM »
Yes, It was detected again on another scan. avast detected it 2 times already but still can't delete.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 10:40:17 AM »
Have you tried cleaning your temp files ?

TFC - Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/
TFC requires a reboot immediately after running. Be sure to save any unsaved work before running TFC.

TheNinjas

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 11:57:59 AM »
Hi,

Thanks a lot. I will reply soon after TFC finished deleting and scan my whole computer with avast!.

TheNinjas

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 12:49:16 PM »
Hi,

Sadly TFC did not delete my 'Administrator' (name only of an account not admin of my computer) account's TEMP Files. Scanned again my computer with avast and founded 2 viruses that cannot delete. But founded a way.

I think here what happens of how avast cannot delete that file, this is the story of what that 'Administrator' path

When I was to boot up with that account, suddenly an error has occurred to me that said 'Windows cannot load your file........'. So what I did is to scan the internet for answers and did find one. When i was about to delete the 'Administrator' account, a pop-up has shown to me saying 'ACCESS DENIED' something like that.... So I was not sure of how to delete that account until I have discovered a way a few hours ago thanks to avast.

What I did:

Copied the folder address of the virus in the screenshot that I have gave to you > Placed it on Malwarebytes' Anti-malware's feature called FileASSASIN > Place the folder address to it > A pop-up of avast said "Threat has blocked"

Afterwards:

Run FILEASSASIN > Typed the C:\Documents and Settings  > Right click on 'Administrator' and delete.

Thanks to fileassasin, i can delete that unwanted folder!

What a relief! :D. Also i would like to Thank you avast! Thanks for finding that virus and blocking it!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 02:23:19 PM »
Sadly TFC did not delete my 'Administrator' (name only of an account not admin of my computer) account's TEMP Files
Did you try to right click and "Run as Adm"

anyway you solved it  ;)

TheNinjas

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 10:33:53 AM »
Hi,

I am the current administrator of my computer. That 'Administrator' account has been corrupted.

Thanks again avast! :D