Author Topic: Redirected constantly from google search results, all scans come up clean!!  (Read 3841 times)

Cr41g

Hi all

I'm hoping that someone can help us. We have recently developed a problem with google redirecting us to various ad sites (admarketplace) (websearchpro) (kdirectory) to name a few, we have run various scans including - avast free, kaspersky antivirus 2011, super-anti spyware, mbam, spybot s&d, microsoft online scanner etc. All show no infection but the problem persists. Strangely a friend took my tower to his house to do some online scans as the internet here is very very slow, the scans came up negative but the browser didn't redirect at all at his house, but within five minutes of plugging back in at home it was redirecting again ??? I've included an up to date mbam log and an OTL log.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Hi based on what you are saying it is your router that is infected not your computer

You must reset the router to its default configuration. This can be done by inserting something tiny like a paper clip end or pencil tip into a small hole labeled "reset" located on the back of the router. Press and hold down the small button inside until the lights on the front of the router blink off and then on again (usually about 10 seconds).

Let me know if that cures it

Cr41g

Hi essexboy

Thank you for the speedy response, I never realized a router could get infected! I'll give what you suggested a go and let you know how we get on.

sjohnson1140

I have the same problem. But only with one PC in the house. Both IE and Firefox redirect. Isn't Avast supposed to detect these things? It doesn't. Every post I see recommends going onto the web and installing other software to fix this. Who knows if this other software is valid? Cmon Avast, own up. Tell us a fix is in the works to detect and remove this.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
@sjohnson1140 if some malware has changed your proxy settings or host file then there is no programme that will auto detect and reset as there are to many variables