Author Topic: antivirus action virus  (Read 2175 times)

tanyapanda

antivirus action virus
« on: December 09, 2010, 06:00:40 AM »
So, basically last night my laptop got infected with the antivirus action virus, and i wasn't able to access webpages or even the task manager on my computer.
After searching for a solution, I found most were too complex for my understanding, so I went to bestbuy to get it fixed... unfortunately, they wanted $200CAD for the job, so I declined.
My boyfriend then guided me through an alternate system restore, which allowed me to access the internet and download the avast free anti-virus protection.
I wanted to make sure my laptop was free of the virus, so I did a full system scan, some viruses came up and I deleted the ones I could delete. Two of the ones that were indicators of the antivirus action virus, got an error saying... error: the system cannot find the file specified (2). i cleared my system restores, and did another scan.
Now what's coming up is that some files cannot be scanned and furthermore an error comes up beside it saying ... error: the system cannot find the path specified (3), beside the same suspicious file that keeps coming up due to the virus i had (have?).
I was wondering what exactly this means, and if I do have to go to a professional to get this problem fixed...

also i have attached a screenshot of the scan.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: antivirus action virus
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 07:55:08 AM »
Read it all before you start

Remove Antivirus Action (Uninstall Guide)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-action