Author Topic: Is it running?  (Read 2761 times)

Gabe

Is it running?
« on: August 20, 2004, 09:02:59 AM »
Just curious.  Is avast automatically running when I start my computer?  I see the two little blue balls in the system tray...on I and the other A.  Do I have to right click on A and select "Start Avast Antivirus" to get it to run, or does it just run automatically like Norton antivirus or Mcafee?  I don't mean to sound stupid, but I don't see an auto protect option anywhere.  I just want it to run all of the time.  Of course I will have to set a schedule, or manually run a complete scan if I want to scan my entire system, but I mean in realtime protection for when I am online.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2004, 09:04:33 AM by Gabe »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:Is it running?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 09:41:58 AM »
Yes, it runs automatically (at least when the 'A' icon is blue). The "Start avast! Antivirus" items starts the antivirus user interface - where you can perform your "on demand" scans. The resident protection, however, it automatically working on background without having to start it anyhow.

Gabe

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 09:52:17 AM »
Thanks for the info...

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 10:29:45 AM »
You could have read the info in the manual :D or on this board.

Gabe

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 10:49:11 AM »
I did read the info in the manual, but couldn't really find the answer in plain English, and I did search the board, but after doing a search and then just searching through pages, I decided to just ask.  Don't make me thrash you severely!  LOL  ;D