Author Topic: Does Sandboxie and Avast! 6 conflict?  (Read 4009 times)

Mo0nwalker

Does Sandboxie and Avast! 6 conflict?
« on: March 01, 2011, 02:06:11 AM »
I`m thinking about getting Sandboxie as I`ve heard many use it alongside the free Avast!

But lately, I`ve heard that Avast! 6 WebRep conflicts with the Sandboxie, something with Firefox crashing and so on.

I wanted to make sure if that is true, and wether that happens with Google Chrome too or not?

Since I`m eager to test out this Sandboxie and see if its as good as it says  ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Does Sandboxie and Avast! 6 conflict?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 02:08:31 AM »
avast 6 free does not have a sandbox. It should not conflict with Sandboxie. Even the avast AutoSandbox won't interfere.
The best things in life are free.

Iceni

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 02:41:36 AM »
I`m thinking about getting Sandboxie as I`ve heard many use it alongside the free Avast!

But lately, I`ve heard that Avast! 6 WebRep conflicts with the Sandboxie, something with Firefox crashing and so on.

I wanted to make sure if that is true, and wether that happens with Google Chrome too or not?

Since I`m eager to test out this Sandboxie and see if its as good as it says  ;D

I use two computers one running XP 32-bit and the other Windows 7 64-bit. Updating both the computers to version 6 I found that I had a problem with using the Sandboxie "run web browser sandboxed". Sometime the browser would load on the XP computer but I could never get the Windows 7 64-bit computer to load Internet Exporer or Firefox, in the end I restored both computers back using a backup image. Using Avast (free) version 5 everything works perfectly with sandboxie.

Mo0nwalker

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 04:00:33 AM »
Thats kinda dissapointing, it means that Avast 6 doesn`t work well with Sandboxie, cant something be done with this? :/

Iceni

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 06:11:10 AM »
Thats kinda dissapointing, it means that Avast 6 doesn`t work well with Sandboxie, cant something be done with this? :/

No, it means that Avast 6 and Sandboxie doesn't work on MY computers - I've searched around and can't find any know problems with Avast 6 and Sandboxie, that either means the problem is with both my computers, or not many folk uses both Avast 6 and Sandboxie, or no one else is having a problem. Maybe someone else that uses both software programmes can come up with either the solution, or have had success running them together, keep your fingers crossed :)

Bart5

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 03:08:22 PM »
Hi,

I use Avast6 and Sandboxie without conflict between the 2. Run XP SP3. Avast6 installed through update. Sanboxie was installed before update of Avast5 to 6.

Bart