Author Topic: File Shield Log delete  (Read 5021 times)

slybo

File Shield Log delete
« on: March 03, 2011, 01:34:27 PM »
This was asked in another post but was never answered, maybe there is no answer, but I thought I would ask again in case it just got lost. In the Avast UI when you open file shield and click on shield log, I have that information on that false positive from the other day and wanted to clear it out. There is no way to delete items in this log. How would I delete these items? I thought about going to windows explorer and opening the file shield log there and delete all information in that file but was afraid I might mess up something. I just like to check things like these logs to see if anything is going on and it makes it easy if the log is clean to look quickly and go on without having to read and see if anything new has come up. I have pro 6.0.1000 on windows 7 and vista. Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: File Shield Log delete
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 01:40:08 PM »
Avast could take actions after the scan is finished (on demand).
You can take an action later from on demand scannings logs also.
The best things in life are free.

slybo

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 02:06:43 PM »
On the on demand scan logs there is a icon to click to delete logs, I have that. I am talking about the shield logs, on this case the file shield log, there is no icon called delete log or right click does not have that option.

slybo

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 02:11:35 PM »
Maybe I should say File System Shield instead of File Shield, forgot to add the word system.

slybo

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 03:01:20 PM »
I have answered my own question. When you first open avast on the upper right click on that settings and go to maintenance and there you see auto cleanup. I thought this was for manual scans but I then thought maybe this would clean the log I wanted. So on the line "Delete scan logs older than" the setting was 30 days. I changed it to "0" then had to restart the computer and the log cleared. Of course I set it back to 30 days as I want to log if I get another virus, this was just to see if this would clear the log. I now know this setting will clear shield logs as well as manual scan logs. I know someone else may want to know this, reason for posting this.